Friday, September 11, 2009

Flaking Eyeshadow

Problem: Whenever I apply eyeshadow, I find eyeshadow sprinkles on my cheeks and under-eye area. What am I doing wrong?

Solution: Make sure you are knocking the excess powder off the brush before you apply your eye makeup. Some eyeshadows are more powdery than others and cause more sprinkles. Eyeshadows from M.A.C., Physicians Formula, Shu Uemura, Bobbi Brown, Jane (at the drugstore), Iman, and Paula's Choice are more reliable in this respect. Another option that some makeup artists use is to apply foundation and concealer to the eye area first; then the eye shadow, liner, and mascara; after that, apply foundation to the rest of the face, touching up the concealer if "drippies" have made a mess of things. Although I find that approach time-consuming, it does help eliminate any trace of stray eyeshadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for comments.